Par Old Cornwall Society
Founded 1950, the Society Colours are Purple and Gold
A Mrs Willis and a Mr C Knight were instrumental in starting the Par OCS. Mrs Willis was secretary for over 10 years and Mr Knight chairman for at least 3 years.
A new book "Par The Little Town that came out of the Sea", priced at £4.50 A Walking Tour of Par with photographs, comments
The Par branch is part of the Federation of Old Cornwall Societies, and meets on the last Saturday of the month from September to April at 7pm in The Gott Hall, Par Green, Par. (The Gott Hall has disabled access)
At the meetings there is opportunity to borrow books from a large Cornish Library. The society has a wide collection of photographs of local buildings, people, Par Harbour etc.
Banner of Par Old Cornwall Society
Par Old Cornwall has a facebook page.https://www.facebook.com/category/Community/Par-Old-Cornwall-Society/
|Par Old Cornwall Society Officers & Committee|
|Chairman||Mrs Diana Osborne||-|
|Secretary||Ms Roy Hayward||facebook.com/pages/category/Community/ Par-Old-Cornwall-Society|
|Committee||Mrs J Hore, Mrs A Bailey, Mrs J Gray, Ms E Larking, Mr C Hore, Mr J Tregunna, Mr M Blake||-|
The Tywardreath Old Cornwall Society
The first society in this area was at Par, many Tywardreath people were members and later these members formed a group at Tywardreath. Unfortunately this society closed as a committee could no longer be formed.
The Banner of the Tywardreath Society depicts the coat of arms of the Priory, summounted by a Cornish chough, with iris flowers on each side (these used to grow in the marsh - now pond at St.Andrews Road). It was painted by a then member Mr Deverill. The banner is stored in Tywardreath Parish Church.
Banner of Tywardreath Old Cornwall Society